Cycle September is all about going Dutch: the aim is to help people to break down the barriers they face to cycling and, in the process, to make the bicycle the normal mode of transport for all short journeys. In the Netherlands it’s completely normal for people to use bikes for short journeys, even to school or nursery with small children.
Electrically assisted cargo bikes mean it’s now possible to go Dutch even in hilly cities like Sheffield (see below). We’ve teamed up with Babboe to spread the word about how their beautiful cargo bikes can make the pedal-powered school run mainstream in the UK. If you want to transport your little ones in sustainable style, here’s what you have to do to win:
- Submit a short blog post about how cycling has made you happier, healthier & wealthier
- Let us know why you want a Babboe cargo bike and how you would use it
- Accompanying photos and videos are welcome and encouraged!
- Agree to be a Babboe Ambassador for six months & produce follow-up posts about your brand new Babboe!
- Deadline Friday 5 October, winner will be announced w/c Monday 8 October
To enter, see this page for instructions and Ts & Cs.
Can’t wait? All Love to Ride members can get £150 off the price of any Babboe cargo bike, email email@example.com from your registered address with BABBOE in the subject line for a unique code.
We have beautifully branded Cycle September Babboe cargo bikes in Sheffield, Brighton and Leeds. The Babboe Curve in Sheffield recently scored a first, transporting a beer barrel up the steepest urban street in England as between-race entertainment at the Blake Street Bash!
If you want to win one of these beauties, make sure you’re registered for Cycle September & get your creative thinking cap on!