We’re excited about the upcoming release of more information on the Access Fund.
What is the Access Fund?
The Access Fund will run for 3 years from 2017 to 2020. It is a pot of £580m of central Government sustainable transport funding, of which £60m is revenue funding.
The focus of the Fund is likely to prioritise
- Sustainable and accessible transport projects that will help people access work, training, education and services.
- Projects which help improve walking and cycling
- Approaches that have already proven to be successful
Strength to Strength
At Love to Ride, we’ve had much success with DfT funding - going back to the Cycling England days, then LSTF, the Transition Fund and now the Access Fund.
Love to Ride has evolved from being a ‘Challenge’ programme to being a year-round behaviour change and encouragement platform. We now collect GPS data throughout the year, automatically, providing planners with very useful data.
We know we can continue to support Councils across England to achieve their cycling goals and help them to win funding through the Access Fund.
Adding weight to your local programme
We can add weight to your Access Fund application by including a Love to Ride programme that’s tailored to your area. Benefits include:
- A proven programme - that’s already been successful
- A strong workplace and travel to work focus (likely to be a key element of the criteria)
- Promoting and boosting your other cycling projects through the Love to Ride platform and community
- Providing you with GPS data on where people are riding locally
Supporting your application
Writing an Access Fund application is a big job! But we can help you with the cycling section.
We are very used to supporting local authorities in writing their bids, particularly the cycling encouragement sections. If you’re interested in finding out how we can help, please get in touch. We're happy to help!
Worth a read
Beth Hiblin is a well known Behaviour Change Consultant and she has written this nice blog post about getting prepared for the release of the Access Fund:
Want to know as soon as the Fund is announced?
As soon as more information about Access Fund criteria is released by the DfT, we’ll be straight on it. If you’d like to get an email from us as soon as we know, then…