We know that great engagement is key to the success of a big biking campaign like the Bike Month Challenge. Here are 4 things that we do here at Love to Ride to engage more people:
1. Make it Social (check out our blog on teams challenges)
Humans are social creatures. Our programs are more effective when they have a strong social element.
That’s why for the Bike Month Challenge, we’re inviting people to form teams of up to 10 people. Riders can create teams with friends, family, and/or co-workers. This way, they have a social group for support and encouragement during the Bike Month Challenge.
2. Make it Fun
Fact: People like having fun!
Fun activities get more people to engage with them.
We’ve thought about how we can make the Bike Month Challenge even more fun: from the design of the campaign materials to the mechanics of how people participate (competing in teams, in mini-leaderboards), to how we communicate with people.
3. Make it Easy
We’re all already busy! So we make it easy for:
- Cities and regions to promote the Bike Month Challenge - by providing the marketing materials (social media assets, copy for newsletters, websites, etc) as well as guidance and support from the Love to Ride team, and community engagement.
- Businesses to promote it internally
- People to set up teams and encourage each other to ride and take part
- New riders to get involved, join a team, and get information and support to overcome their current barriers to biking
4. Make it Measurable
We have a number of dashboards that provide our city and regional partners with real-time insights on how many people are engaged, how they’re performing vs previous years, etc.
We also provide reports and analyses showing the behaviour change that the program has achieved (e.g. the number of people who are now biking for transportation, etc)
Interested in getting more people on bikes in your area? We know a thing or two about achieving that.
We’d love to hear from you: email@example.com